Butterfinger candy bars + cookie dough = awesome. I ran across this recipe on pinterest the other day. I thought, I like butterfingers and I like cookies, I bet these are pretty tasty. Oh sweet goodness. Chewy, and crunchy and popping with candy…so, so good.
I am a cookie person. Cookies were always something that I could make. Really, anybody can make cookies…just gotta read the recipe. I love the classic cookies—chocolate chip, oatmeal and peanut butter. I also don’t like too much stuff fussing up my cookies. These are perfect. A soft and chewy sugar cookie base with chopped up butterfinger bars. I made these for hubs to take to work tomorrow, but know I will ba making some more when school starts back for my folks!
First things first. Butter and sugar. They are mixed until they are completely blended and all fluffy and creamy. Add to that some eggs and flour and you are almost ready.
Really the hardest part of this cookie was unwrapping all of the little fun size candy bars. They good a rough chop and are ready to go in the cookie dough. I chopped each bar into about 8 pieces.
The dough is ready when it cleans to bowl. It all came together in a perfect cookie dough—soft, but not too sticky. I used my small cookie scooper to put them on the pan. Sometimes I smoosh the tops down, but did not do it for these. The puffed a little, but flattened out once out of the oven. Give them a minute on the pan to cool down and they slide right off, ready to cool on the counter.
These are super yum cookies. Hubs and I both loved them and are pretty sure that the office folks will dig them. They are not overly sweet and have the perfect combo of chewy and crunchy at the same time. If you are a cookie person, give these a try. I know they will be a hit with you too! Enjoy!!
Chewy Butterfinger Cookies (recipe adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 20 fun sized butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl and set aside. With an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs until just combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add in butterfinger pieces and mix until they are just combined.
- Use a small cookie scooper and put onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool and enjoy!